- The UK's dedicated running injury site, fuelling your recovery with essential recovery info and great deals on all things running
Tagged: Mo Farah training
No prizes for guessing the name of the most successful British middle-distance runner of this generation. Mo Farah has staked a claim for athletic greatness with a series of outstanding performances on the World Championship and Olympic stages.
In part, such success reflects inherent skill and Mo’s incredible determination. But, the more you delve into the successes of the athlete, the more it becomes clear that there are a few other significant reasons why Mo has achieved so much in recent years. And the good news for everyday runners is that those reasons provide a clue for everyone else to transform their running performance. The posts below explore the Mo Farah phenomenon and what it means for runners like you and me.
- Why Mo Farah Lost The Great North Run and Will Come Back Stronger
The scene was set for another sensational Mo Farah sprint finish and inevitable victory. But Sunday’s Great North Run had a twist in the tail. What explains Mo’s loss? And how will it affect his future medal...
- Posted September 16, 2013
- Running Smart: The Salazar Wisdom That Made Farah A Champion
Over the years, Alberto Salazar has provided some memorable quotes about running. In the process, he has provided intriguing insights into the mind of a running legend – and the methods that have helped mould double world...
- Posted September 9, 2013
- 7 Reasons Why Mo Farah Stays Injury-Free And How You Can Too (Conclusion)
Alberto Salazar has overhauled the running form of countless elite athletes. But do his techniques apply to your average runner, as well as the elite? And, if so, what are practical steps that you can apply to...
- Posted September 8, 2013
- Running Form: 7 Reasons Why Mo Farah Stays Injury-Free And How You Can Too (Part 7)
In our view, there’s no shadow of a doubt. The most important aspect of any Alberto Salazar training regime is also the most fundamental aspect of running. Our countdown of the reasons behind Mo Farah’s success concludes...
- Posted September 7, 2013
- Training Progression: 7 Reasons Why Mo Farah Stays Injury-Free And How You Can Too (Part 6)
It’s a fundamental aspect of any Alberto Salazar programme – a gradual build-up in the runner’s capacity to handle more running at greater speeds. But the Salazar approach sits in stark contrast to that adopted by most...
- Posted September 6, 2013
- Training Specificity: 7 Reasons Why Mo Farah Stays Injury-Free And How You Can Too (Part 5)
Many runners attempt to achieve success through brute force. They ratchet up the mileage, logging more and more miles in a desperate effort to obtain a competitive advantage. But there is a more subtle approach – and...
- Posted September 5, 2013
- Running Intensity: 7 reasons why Mo Farah stays injury-free and how you can too (Part 4)
Running intensity is one of the least acknowledged aspects of the Salazar overhaul of Farah’s training regime. But it may also be one of the most important. Read on as your countdown of the reasons behind Mo...
- Posted September 4, 2013
- Rest and recovery: 7 reasons why Mo Farah stays injury-free and how you can too (part 3)
Farah recognises that one of his weaknesses in the past was a failure to recover adequately from hard workouts. So it’s not surprising that this is another area of the middle-distance runner’s regime that Alberto Salazar has...
- Posted September 3, 2013
- Strength and stability: 7 reasons why Mo Farah stays injury-free and how you can too (part 2)
For some time, coach Salazar has been renowned for his focus on strength and stability. And, in his view, it’s the number one reason for the dramatic improvement in Farah’s performance over the past couple of years....
- Posted September 2, 2013
- The Mo Farah Training Routine: 7 Reasons Why Mo Stays Injury-Free And How You Can Too
In the aftermath of Mo Farah’s World Championships double-gold performance, much was written about the impact of coach Alberto Salazar. Many commentators highlighted the high weekly mileage that he introduced into the Farah training regime. But there...
- Posted September 1, 2013
- Mo Farah: The Training Regime That Made A King
Days after Mo Farah was crowned double World Champion, the attention of many switched to the secrets of his success. What could account for those remarkable performances in Moscow that had some describing him as the greatest...
- Posted August 20, 2013