- The UK's dedicated running injury site, fuelling your recovery with essential recovery info and great deals on all things running
Farah, Kiprop, First-Time Marathon Runners And More: The Weekly Round-Up
A quick round-up of this week’s top stories, as preparations for the Commonwealth Games hotted up:
A good running week for…
- Mo Farah. The double world and Olympic champion is due to return to action at the Portland Track Festival on June 15th. It will be his first track race since the success of the World Championships last August.
- First-time marathoners. New research just published found that runners’ knees didn’t suffer damage from training and racing in their first marathon.
A bad running week for…
- Usain Bolt. The athlete is ‘not ready’ to race yet after foot injury, reported the BBC.
- Asbel Kiprop. The two-time world 1500m champion has failed to make the Kenyan squad for this summer’s Commonwealth Games.
- Louise Hazel. The English heptathlete will not be back to defend her title at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth games, after suffering an illness setback in training.
- Many Americans. It was revealed in Runner’s World that half of Americans limit activity because of foot pain.